Thursday, December 06, 2012

Ricky Rubio Works to Get Back to the Court



“It’s everything. I want to improve in everything. I know I can do good things. I can do it even better. I want to improve my skills like passing, like dribbling, like scoring, like leading the team.”

"I just want to be better."--Ricky Rubio, 22-year old point guard for the Minnesota Timberwolves, who was injured in March of this year.

Rubio is working hard to return to his spectacular rookie form and beyond. He is tenacious and like all highly successful professional athletes has a great degree of perseverance and determination. He has the willingness to fight through the difficult and slow process of rehabilitation. He is willing to endure the pain, suffering and hard work to get back to the status he reached last year, his first in the NBA. He is committed to being the best he can be through hard work and sacrifice. He has a continuous improvement mentality that requires him to focus on the day-to-day task of getting better, step-by-step. He pushes himself and does not let up.

Would you work this hard to rehabilitate and improve? 

Excerpts from Grantland.com (December 5, 2012), article by Joan Niesen, "The Place for Doubt in the Celebrated Return of Ricky Rubio"; and the book, Razor Thin:  The Difference Between Winning and Losing by Luis F. Valdes (2012). 



No comments: